Our strong advocacy angle sets us apart from conventional consultancies. Making a difference is our marketing strategy.
Our advocacy takes many forms and includes:
- Convening the GRI Corporate Leaders Group on integrated reporting, and on the Advisory Group to the GRI Focal Point South Africa;
- Serving pro bono on Working Groups of the South African Integrated Reporting Committee (IRC) and the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC), where we are helping to shape the agenda of the global shift in corporate accounting practice;
- Chairing the multinational negotiation sessions associated with developing a global standard on social responsibility that seeks to promote sustainable development (ISO 26000);
- Playing an instrumental role in bringing the CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) to South Africa in partnership with the National Business Initiative, and undertaking the CDP SA and CDP Water research;
- Undertaking commissioned policy research for leading global organisations, including United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the UN Global Compact, GIZ and the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD);
- Teaching at various business schools, including UCT’s Graduate School of Business, and contributing to executive and practitioner seminars run by the Cambridge University Programme for Sustainability Leadership.
We are proud to be contributing to these leading organisations and initiatives, each of which has an influential role in creating a sustainable society.