Founder and Managing Partner of Refined Advisory, Aisha specializes in corporate social investment, philanthropy strategy, sustainability, and advisory services for nonprofits.
- More than 12 years in the field of international development;
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience living with, the communities that her work aims to impact – including in refugee camps, rural, and peri-urban areas;
- Her career has taken her from working in collaboration with the higher levels of government to implementing development programs alongside local communities;
- Has lived in Switzerland, Zambia, Canada, South Africa and Tanzania (the place she calls home).
- Member, JuaBar (a solar-powered charging kiosk social enterprise);
- Board Director, Molly’s Network (an accreditation body for nonprofit organizations);
- Member, Tushikamane Pamoja Foundation (providing support to the elderly, in the absence of a state-provided mechanism).
- BSocSci in Gender & Sociology – University of Cape Town;
- MSc in Public Policy & Management – School for Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London;
- First-level SalesForce administrator
Words (reading them, writing them, and saying them), places (visiting them, exploring them, remembering them), and loved ones (who make all of life’s moments so much better).
“It is better to know how to learn than to know.” Dr Seuss